Nrityasadhana is a renowned Indian classical dance training institute in India founded by the nritya guru Dr.Sangeeta Pethkar.Her revolutionary contribution in the field of dance has positioned her academy among one of the globally recognized classical dance training institutions in South Asia. The academy provides training of the two ancient dance forms namely Bharatnatyam and Odissi which has its roots back to the renaissance of modern India. Both these dance forms were popular among the classical dancers and art lovers and even today it holds equal exhilaration among the art seekers.
Nrityasadhana - Indian classical dance training institute
Nrityasadhana dance academy offers training and certification courses both offline and online Bharatnatyam and Odissi – two complex dance forms and bought a new perspective among the art seekers who dream about exploring unconventional ways of living. We impart extensive knowledge and training of Bharatnatyam and Odissi and enlighten the students about body techniques and various health benefits that each posture and body movements brings along. The innovation Dr Sangeeta brought with the amalgamation of dance and yoga has impacted millions of lives. Dance enthusiasts and fitness professionals from across the globe have enrolled in the training centres which are present in UAE, UK, USA, France, South Korea and Germany so on.
Welcome to Nrityasadhana
We Bring Your Passion to Life
We aim to make dance accessible for all and bring about the awareness of the traditional dance form to every nook and corner of the country. Over the last eighteen years, our academy has been actively involved in reforming the society in terms of providing dance certification courses, arranging workshops, conducting dance festivals and encouraging individuals to lead a holistic life.
Guru Dr.Sangeeta Pethkar.
Dr. Sangeeta is an Indian Classical dancer who specializes in Bharatnatyam and Odissi dance forms. She is a performer, teacher, choreographer, managing director of Nrityasadhana academy institute which was founded in 2002.
She has designed an innovative program called “Jagruti” to educate students about art. Initiated a national dance festival “Pragati Utsav” for art seekers and awards for artisans. Today her academy is a well-known institute in the city of Nasik for its large activities, holistic approach, and intensive training.
She organizes workshops on dance, music, and allied arts as well as health lectures.Experts from the respective field are called upon to conduct these activities. She is grooming her students to participate in prestigious dance competitions, festivals as well as to appear for the scholarship exams in dance. Many of them succeeded in it.
She has also made courses available up to PhD in dance of recognized universities for the students in Nasik. Tilak vidyapith Pune has started Odissi examination Diploma course due to her initiative, she is appointed as representative for Maharashtra for this department.
Creator of NrityaYogsutra- A Holistic Dance Therapy
Dr. Sangeeta harbored a keen interest in learning the science of Yoga. She grew up learning Yoga through numerous workshops and further from Yog Vidya Dham (a renowned Yoga institute) and received Diploma in Yoga from YCMU University. Being a doctor of homeopathic medicine and this confluence of interests in Indian classical dance as well as the science of Yoga introduced Dr. Sangeeta to the many similarities between the two entities. She even discovered 78 new movements and dance postures that carry immense therapeutic value, and that ultimately leads to a fitter body and mind. For further details of this Therapeutic Dance visit- www.nrityayogsutra.com
Profile & Achivements
Nrityasadhana –Institute of Indian classical dance
Bharatnatyam & Odissi.
Therapeutic dance NrityaYogsutra.
Qualification: Doctor of homeopathy, BA in dance, Diploma in Yoga.
Sangeeta started learning dance at the tender age of 7. Initial training of Bharatanatyam by Nrityashiromani Guru Meera Pauskar in Mysore style. Further she completed her Arangetram under her guidance. She completed B.A. in dance from Alahabad University. Later she received guidance and intrinsic training from renowned Gurus like Padma Bhushan Prof. C. V. Chandrashekhar, etc.
She got fascinated towards Odissi dance through one workshop and by the time she started its training under guru – Shishya parampara from Guru Smt.Parvati Dutta. Further she received guidance and blessings from Padma Bhushan Guru Kelucharan Mohapatra.
INTERNATIONAL MOVIE CHOREOGRAPHY:
She has called upon to choreograph veteran actress Jayaprada for the movie “The Desire” which is based on the life of renowned Odissi dancer Smt. Protima Bedi. The movie is in collaboration with China. Sangeeta also acted, performed along with Jayaprada, Shilpa Shetty, & Chinese superstar in it with her students.
Initiated Adv. Sadashivrao Deve Award in the memories of her father since 2015 & Janani puraskar in 2016 in the memories of her mother.
- She performed in the choreography of Guru Kelucharan Mohapatra in 2002.
● In 78 Th, Akhil Bharatiya Marathi Sahitya Sammelan, 2005.
● In Mount Abu, Rajasthan for Brahmakumaris, 2006.
● At Shri Krishna Muth, Udupi, Karnataka, 2008.
● For Lokmat sakhi munch, on occasion of women’s day, 2010.
● In Tanjavur, for millennium celebration of Brihadeshwar temple, 2010.
● At Shanmukhanand Sabhgriha, Mumbai, 2010 in Tanjavur 1000.
● Pragati utsav , 2011 Nasik.
● Ruturang Festival, Aurangabad,2011.
● Odissi international festival, hosted by Sanskriti at Rabindra mandap, Bhubaneshwar, Orissa, 2012.
● On occasion of Gurupurnima of Kalamandalam of Bytco collage, Nasik,2013.
● In Kalaram Mandir Vasantik festival,Nasik 2014.
● At Chennai for women’s achievers awards ceremony by Mega TV, this was telecasted live on MEGA TV Network. 2015.
● At Shankaracharya sankul on International yoga day by Sanskar Bharati, Nasik. 21 June 2015.
● In Amritanjali festival Pune, invited to perform thematic production Shankar Girijapati in 2016.
● At Mangalore, Kudroli temple during Navratri festival 2017.
● At Udupi, Karnataka, Shri Krishna Muth in the presence of Shri.Vishwesh Tirth Shripad,Udupi Pejavar Muth in 2017.
● At Shirdi Sai Baba Sansthan in Shatabdi Mahostav, 2018.
● At Vivek Vardhini Trust, Hydrabad, 2018.
● In Shakti cell cultural fest , Chennai, 2018.
● Lord India ltd, silver jubilee celebration 2019.
● Grant & felicitation by chief minister of government of Maharashtra for her work on Rutusamharam.
● By Lokmat Sakhimunch on the occasion of women’s day.
● Felicitated by Shraddha Jeshtha Nagrik Sangh, Nasik in appreciation of her work in classical dance field.
● Felicitated by Odiya Kalinga association,Nasik, for her work in odissi dance.
●Felicitated during World Peace Conference organized by UNESCO for In Search of Peace dance presentation 2016.
● Felicitated by Indian Air Force AFWWA wing for NrityaYogsutra, 2018.
● conducted 2 days Odissi dance workshop for students of graduation of dance department, Dr. Babasahesb Ambedkar University, Aurangabad.
● conducted workshop for SSY Rishi Gurukul students of Katarkhed ,Pune.
● NrityaYogsutra batches especially for foreigners at The Leela Kempiski Resort , Goa 2015.
● 8 days workshop of NrityaYogsutra for Sakal News, Madurangan.
● At Pune 2 days workshop of NrityaYogsutra for renown classical dancers, scholars and researchers.
● 5 days workshop of NrityaYogsutra at Lovely Professional University, Punjab, 2017.
● 2 days workshop at Kaishiki, Juhu , Mumbai, 2017 attended by maestros like Pt. Nayan Ghosh, Smt. Daksha Mashruwala.
● 2 days workshop of NrityaYogsutra at Shasun women’s collage, Chennai,2018.
● CEAT IND LTD, 2019.
CERTIFICATE OF APPRECIATION:
● Indian Jaycees, for conducting Odissi workshop, 2003
● Rotary Club of Nasik for lec-dem on dance.
WORDS OF APPRECIATION:
● Guru Padma bhushan Kelucharan Mohapatra appreciated her grace & stance of Odissi & gave her blessings.
● Editor, Sakal news papers Shri Uttamrao Kamble appreciated her work & contribution for art.
● Pt Paluskar delivered a speech on her efforts & work for the establishment of Bharatnatyam & Odissi in city.
● Renowned senior sculptor Shri Ram Thatte impressed by her dance & grace, spoken words of appreciation & made a mural of her.
● Padmabhushan C.V.Chandrashekhar ( Bharatnatyam) delivered words of appreciation and praise for her contribution and efforts for the promotion of art.
● “Ya Devi”, on women’s empowerment.
● Kalidas’s “Rutusamharam” in both Bharatnatyam & Odissi dance style.
● “Arpan”, a small production on patriotism.
● She has researched and developed a new therapeutic dance form for total fitness to serve her best to society as a doctor, naming it NrityaYogsutra.
● “Shankar Girijapati ”- Bharatnatyam and Kathak in conversation with Dhrupad.
● “Abhangvani” based on Marathi saint’s abhang exploring the work and social messages of Marathi saint.
● In Search of Peace based on NrityaYogSutra.
● Dashavtaram on Jayadeva’s Geetgovind Kavyam.
● Dance for River based on water conservation.
● NrityaYogSutra A Journey from Vedicyug to Kaliyug.
● Krishna The Saviour.
Lecture and Demonstration :
● She has been called by Lions club to deliver lec- dem of her invention NrityaYogsutra a therapeutic dance.
● She has been also invited by Yog Vidya Dham during International yoga festival to give lec –dem on NrityaYogsutra in front of 300 foreign delegates from different part of the world.
● NrityaYogsutra lec dem at Atlas Copco Industry.
● NrityaYogsutra lec-dem at Adiyog collage of Yoga.
● Lec dem at Indian Airforce Afwwa, Ozar.
She has been felicitated with
- “Leading Lady Award” by Phoenix India Ltd, Pune.
- “Swayamsidhha”award by Shivsena.
- “Nasik Ratna Puraskar” by Smitharsh Education Academy.
- “Kalasanman Award” by Lokmat papers.
- Mahila Gaurav Puraskar” by Samruddhi Samajik Sanstha.
- “Karmani” by Rotary International in all India women’s conference.
ACTIVITIES conducted through NrityaYogsutra:
● Nrityayogsutra batches especially for foreigners at The Leela Kempiski Resort , Goa 2014.
● At Shankaracharya sankul on International yoga day by Sanskar Bharati, Nasik. 21 June 2015.
● Lecture and demonstration in International Yoga Festival, Yog Vidya Dham, Talwade,2016.
● Open public session of Nrityayogsutra in 2015, 2016 on International Yoga Day.
● Training courses at Pune and Nasik.
● NrityaYogsutra lec dem at Atlas Copco Industry,2016, at Adiyog collage of Yoga, 2017,Shaskiya Kanya Vidyalay Nasik At Indian Air Force, Afwwa, Ozar,Vidya Bharati, Devgiri Prant, 2017. 2018.Jain public school, an innovative CBSC school, Chennai.
- NrityaYogSutra sessions for thousands of children of different schools on the occasion of International Yoga Day, 2017.
- Has conducted 2 months Survey of Children NYS for school children, 2018.
● Invited by Maharashtra times in a symposium to discuss about Nritya and its future along with senior renowned artists of Nasik, 2018.
Our Esteem Guests
- Popular bollywood actress Jaya Prada and Shilpa Shetty.
- Padmabhushan C. V. Chandrasekhar – Bharatanatyam legend, Chennai.
- Guru Ratikant Mohapatra – Guru & director of Srujn, Orissa.
- Ileana Citaristi – Odissi guru, Orissa.
- Vaibhav Arekar – well known Bharatanatyam guru, Mumbai.
- Daksha Mashruwala – well known Odissi dance guru, Mumbai.
- Pandit Paluskar- legendary music personality, Nasik.
- Shashikala Ravi, well known Bharatanatyam guru, Pune
- Kanak Sudhakar, well known Bharatanatyam guru, Delhi.
- Jayshree Rajgopalan well known Bharatanatyam guru,
- Debi Basu,well known Odissi guru,Mumbai.
- Pavitra Bhat,well known Bharatanatyam dancer.
- Churchill Pandian media art critic
- Ram Thatte, well known senior sculpture.